ESL Teacher: NEVER send bank details, credit card info etc. to employers. Watch out for positions that sound "to good to be true". If you see a job that looks like a SCAM or have received emails from potential employers that seem "fishy". Please CONTACT US. We will research it for you and will post the info for all other ESL teachers.
AEON - Japan
The experience of a lifetime is within your reach! Work as an ESL Teacher in Japan with AEON Corporation, one of Japan's largest English Conversation schools.
**Interviewing weekly in Toronto**
**Interviewing in Halifax February 2nd, 2008 - Application deadline: January 27th, 2008**
**Interviewing in Vancouver March 8th, 2008**
**Please note the interview dates for the following universities:**
York University - January 10th, 2008 (application deadline: January 7th)
McMaster University - January 29th, 2008
University of Toronto - January 31st, 2008
Wilfrid Laurier University - February 12th, 2008
Guelph University - February 13th, 2008
Waterloo University - February 14th, 2008
Western University - February 19th, 2008
For more than three decades, the AEON Corporation of Japan has been an innovator in the field of English education. Founded in 1973, AEON has grown to become one of the largest and most respected private educational institutes of its kind, with more than 3,000 employees, a student enrollment exceeding 100,000 and a teaching staff of over 800 teachers from various English-speaking nations. AEON is always hiring enthusiastic, professional individuals who are interested in teaching conversational English to adults and/or children at one of its 300 branch schools across Japan.
Located on all 5 main islands of Japan, AEON provides people the opportunity to live and work in bustling metropolises like Osaka and Tokyo or the quiet, serene settings of the Japanese countryside.
New positions open monthly. Interested applicants should apply 2-5 months before their desired departure date. Knowledge of Japanese and prior teaching experience are not required.
• 5 day, 36-hour work week with a maximum of 25 teaching hours.
• Contracts are for a minimum of one year; visa sponsorship provided
• The monthly starting salary is 270,000 Yen (About $2400 CAD/month)
• One week or more of paid training in Japan
• Japanese national holidays off, 3 one-week vacations and five personal days
• Single occupancy apartment furnished to Japanese standards with subsidized rent (maximum 55,000 yen or $500 CAD/month)
• Comprehensive health insurance coverage through the Japanese Social Insurance System
• Bonus provided upon completion of final contract
• Knowledge of branch school location prior to signing contracts
• Bachelor's degree (graduating students and alumni from all disciplines are welcome to apply)
• Teaching experience and Japanese language ability are beneficial, but not necessary
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com :
• 500-word essay entitled "Why I Want To Live and Work In Japan"
• Please quote "TeslJobs" in your application.
For more information, please view our website at: