ESL Teacher: NEVER send bank details, credit card info etc. to employers. Watch out for positions that sound "to good to be true". If you see a job that looks like a SCAM or have received emails from potential employers that seem "fishy". Please CONTACT US. We will research it for you and will post the info for all other ESL teachers.
Vocational Training Council, Hong Kong - Hong Kong
We are looking for native-speaking English candidates to take up teaching positions as Lecturer/Teaching Associate in Hong Kong under our Native-speaking English Teacher (NET) Scheme.
MAJOR DUTIES: (a) perform teaching duties, including supervision of studentsí projects and fieldwork; (b) carry out duties in relation to student and academic administration; (c) organize campus-wide extra-curricular English activities for students; (d) develop new courses, syllabuses, teaching, learning and assessment materials; (e) implement the VTCís quality assurance policy; and (f) participate in departmental projects and functions where necessary.
REQUIREMENTS: (a) A recognized degree in English Language/Language Studies or Linguistics (Majoring in English) /English Literature/English & Communication/Translation (English subject)* or equivalent professional qualifications, preferably with post-graduate qualifications; (b) with at least three yearsí relevant teaching experience#, but candidates with less experience will be considered for the post of Teaching Associate and (c) Good interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
* Applicants with a recognized degree in a non-relevant field but a relevant English teaching qualification, such as Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Majoring in English), Teaching English To Speakers of other Languages or as a Foreign Language or as a Second Language (TESOL/TEFL/TESL) or English for Specific Purposes (ESP) teaching may also apply.@
@Postgraduate relevant English teaching qualification should at least comprise 100 instruction-based hours and 20-hour practicum and must be attained before May 2008.
# The three yearsí relevant teaching experience should be teaching of English subject at the level of Grade 10 or Form 4 or above on full-time basis.
SALARY AND CONDITIONS:
1. The entry salaries, depending on qualifications and experience, are Lecturer: HK$34,700 per month and Teaching Associate: HK$20,750 per month.
2. The appointment will be on a two-year contract from August 2008 to August 2010. Renewal thereafter is subject to service need and performance review.
3. Employees may also receive service pay and performance pay for each completed 12 monthsí service at the Councilís discretion.
4. Medical insurance will be provided.
5. Staff quarters, passage and baggage allowance will be provided for appointees whose normal place of residence is proven to be outside of Hong Kong.
1. The completed and signed application form [VTC-1(N)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The application form [VTC-1(N)] is available from the website http://www.eslcafe.com/vtc.doc
(Duly completed/signed application form must be submitted together with relevant documents.
3. Closing date for application (latest postmark date): 2 February 2008
Interviews will be held in early April 2008 in North America.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed within 12 months.