ESL Teacher: NEVER send bank details, credit card info etc. to employers. Watch out for positions that sound "to good to be true". If you see a job that looks like a SCAM or have received emails from potential employers that seem "fishy". Please CONTACT US. We will research it for you and will post the info for all other ESL teachers.
Kang Tae Woo English Academy - United States
Kang Tae Woo Academy is part of a larger company that encompasses four other academy branches within its corporation. The hiring academy is in Nowon gu Seoul. Nowon gu is a quiet area with a strong expatriate community. This area is well known for the high number, and high quality, of after-school tutoring programs. We are currently hiring for the middle school branch of Junggye, which is the main campus of the corporation.
• Flights: The complete cost of flight to Korea and back to your home country is provided.
• Housing: One room (with loft) apartment for singles.
• Competitive wages: Current starting wage is 2.1 million won, with bonuses offered for additional services rendered.
• 7 weeks of paid vacation: 2 weeks in April, 2 weeks in June/July, 2 weeks in September/October and 1 week in November/December
• National holidays off: This is in addition to the seven weeks of vacation, unlike other academies that offer “10 days of vacation” but neglect to tell you that those days are national holidays.
• Healthcare: Half of the healthcare expenses will be paid by the employer and half by the employee.
• Severance Pay: A bonus of one month’s pay will be paid to the employer upon completion of a one-year contract.
• Hours: Monday-Friday 3pm-10pm generally teaching 4-5 classes each day (classes are 45 - 50 minutes).
Saturday 2pm-5pm. Saturday classes are conversation club and listening classes. We also have a monthly movie club, in lieu of conversation class, where we watch new movies and discuss them.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any field. Special preference is given to those in the fields of Linguistics, English and Education.
• Must speak English as a native language.
• 1-2 years experience working with children.
• Clean criminal record – This is required to obtain a visa and there are no exceptions. Those with criminal records need not apply.