ESL Teacher: NEVER send bank details, credit card info etc. to employers. Watch out for positions that sound "to good to be true". If you see a job that looks like a SCAM or have received emails from potential employers that seem "fishy". Please CONTACT US. We will research it for you and will post the info for all other ESL teachers.
American English Center - Ukraine
Eastern Europe - UKRAINE
Kharkhiv & Dnipropetrovsk
AMERICAN ENGLISH CENTER
As 2008 begins American English Center expands its network of schools. The success of AEC's newest school in Kharkhiv requires a third native speaking teacher to add to its staff of ten to teach more than 200 students. And, the continued success of the Dnipropetrovsk school with more than 500 students and 6 native north Americans has led to the launch of a 2nd location.
American English Center, Ukraine's largest English school with 6 locations (soon a 7th) and more than 2200 students is searching for conversational English instructors for its city center locations in Kyiv, Dnipropetrovsk, and Kharkhiv. AEC works in cities with populations exceeding 1 million.
For more than 9 years American English Center has been recruiting native English speakers to lead basic, core, advanced, and business courses. The school is managed by American trained administrators. American English Center is a respected name in Ukraine. It has built a solid reputation with teachers and students. More than 80% of the schools students join through referral. We are serious about our program and believe it's the best in Ukraine. We are so confident that we offer our students a 100% refund if they are not happy with their course or instructor.
AEC offers its students the best value in Ukraine. We offer small classes of no more than 12 students. Our students are professionals usually in the age range of 18 - 35 years. Students are given 6 hours of direct instruction per week with both Ukrainian and North American teachers. Plus, there are conversation clubs available every day at no additional charge to students. Students also have a DVD Library available to borrow from.
American English Center will grow rapidly over the next two years. This year's plan is to open schools in Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Kyiv, Zaporizhzhya. .
The immediate need is to fill positions beginning in Kharkhiv and Dnipropetrovsk. Classes begin February 17th and training begins the week of February 4th. As a note, American English Center will begin to hire teachers for the 2008 - 2009 academic year in June.
In hiring teachers American English Center looks to build a community of like-minded teachers who enjoy spending time with each other professionally and socially. This year the median age of our 35 North American teachers is about 27 years old.
- New and recent grads are encouraged to apply
- North American's (Canada and United States whose mother tongue is English.)
- Able to illustrate the use of grammar in conversational English
- Energy, enthusiasm, creativity, and desire to teach are critical requirements
** TEFL, CELTA and other certificates not necessary** American English Center will provide esl training directed to the schools program.
- teaching is primarily in 4 - 6 hour blocks at fixed location, but corporate work may also be required.
- 26 standard student-contact hours per week
- attendance at monthly staff meetings and one student progress report.
- no homework checking -- No exam grading
- Minimum $2000usd per 7 week semester during the academic year.
- Two bonus systems in place including a student retention bonus.
- Opportunities for additional corporate work paid at an hourly rate.
- One week off after every seven week semester ( more during summer and Christmas breaks)
Teacher Support Services:
- Airport pickup
- Apartment and roommate matching service
- Free introductory Russian language tutoring with textbook provided.
- On staff assistance at each school to help instructors with daily life
- GSM enabled mobile phone loaned to teachers (not service)
- opportunity to transfer to schools in other cities
- approximately 40 hours of training to introduce new teachers to the AEC educational approach - instruction includes: teaching methodology, class observation, mock teaching, and guest teaching
- consistant evaluations by a training manager.and periodic trainings
- Teacher support guides
- Monthly staff meetings
1. Send us your resume with a cover letter. Please tell us your about your interests in teaching conversational English and why you would like to work in Ukraine.
2. You'll be notifed that your resume was received.
3. We'll review your information and get back to you quickly.
3. If you possess the qualities AEC needs a telephone interview will be arranged for you.
For additional information contact:
Jonathan Pernick, RPCV, Ukraine 2005
202-657-6158 united states