ESL Teacher: NEVER send bank details, credit card info etc. to employers. Watch out for positions that sound "to good to be true". If you see a job that looks like a SCAM or have received emails from potential employers that seem "fishy". Please CONTACT US. We will research it for you and will post the info for all other ESL teachers.
AEON - Japan
Teach English in Japan with AEON: Your Future Starts Here
Are you ready to begin an exciting international career?
If you have a passion for exploring new worlds, gaining new perspectives and positively impacting people's lives , then AEON is the ideal company for you. Build your international resume, develop teaching and presentation skills, and explore the intricacies of the Japanese culture at one of AEON's 300 branch schools across Japan. Benefits include a competitive salary, private accommodation and extensive support. If you are in your final university year or have a Bachelor's degree, apply for an interview today at www.aeonet.com.
**Interviewing weekly in Toronto**
**Interviewing in Halifax February 2nd, 2008 - Application deadline:
January 27th, 2008**
**Interviewing in Vancouver March 8th, 2008**
**Please note the interview dates for the following universities:**
York University - January 10th, 2008
McMaster University - January 29th, 2008
University of Toronto - January 31st, 2008
Wilfrid Laurier University - February 12th, 2008
Guelph University - February 13th, 2008
Waterloo University - February 14th, 2008
Western University - February 19th, 2008
For more than three decades, the AEON Corporation of Japan has been an innovator in the field of English education and has grown to become one of the largest and most respected private educational institutes of its kind, with more than 3,000 employees. Current student enrollment exceeds 100,000 in more than 300 branch schools located within every prefecture of Japan. AEON employs a teaching staff of over 800 teachers and education specialists from various English-speaking nations.
Located on all 5 main islands of Japan, AEON provides people the opportunity to live and work in bustling metropolises like Osaka and Tokyo or the quiet, serene settings of the Japanese countryside.
New positions open monthly. Interested applicants should apply 2-5 months before their desired departure date. Knowledge of Japanese and prior teaching experience are not required.
• 5 day, 36-hour work week with a maximum of 25 teaching hours.
• The monthly starting salary is 270,000 Yen (About $2400 CAD/month)
• Teachers receive one-year contracts, visa sponsorship and a lot of pre and post departure assistance.
• One week or more of paid initial training in Japan; follow up training provided throughout the year.
• Japanese national holidays off, 3 one-week vacations and five personal days.
• Single-occupancy apartment furnished to Japanese standards with subsidized rent (maximum 55,000 yen or $500 CAD/month).
• Comprehensive health insurance coverage through the Japanese Social Insurance System.
• Bonus provided upon completion of final contract.
• Knowledge of branch school location prior to signing contracts.
• A great opportunity to develop your presentation, teaching and international business skills while teaching classes of up to 12 students.
• A rewarding intercultural experience, and memories that will last a lifetime!
• Bachelor's Degree (As this is an entry level position, graduating students, recent graduates and alumni from all disciplines are welcome to apply)
• Teaching experience and a basic understanding of Japanese are beneficial, but not necessary
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com :
• 500-word (minimum) essay entitled "Why I want to live and work in Japan"
For more information, please view our website at: www.aeonet.com