Work in France! We’re now hiring for positions starting March 17 or 31, 2017!
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are native English speakers & love working with children. Counselors live on camp, they create and lead activities, as well as English classes. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care. We’ve been running English immersion camps in France for over 20 years!
American Village camps are for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. We hire North American, British, and French counselors for periods of 1 to 8 weeks between the months of February & October at a variety of camp locations across France! All of our 2017 dates are on our recruitment website.
Apply to this unique work experience in rural France, working on a multi-cultural team and meeting people from all over France as well as Anglophone countries across the globe – all while having fun with the campers under your care.
– A salary for all days worked : 1170 Euros / month .
– Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
– Meals included.
– Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
– No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit (North Americans).
– Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
– All counselors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to their village.
– Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
– Nacel will pay any work-related transportation costs if the counselor has to change work locations.
France is the number one tourist destination in the world. While our counselors live and work on-location at camp, they generally use their time before or after their employment to discover France – its traditions, cuisine, landscapes, language and people. Our teams can be quite multi-cultural and friendships are easily made in a camp setting. Working with children is a rewarding experience and also, a lot of fun!
Youtube link : https://youtu.be/v7nxSc1mB08
We only seek Language Counselors who are native English speakers.
– Required experience : camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
– Clear criminal history
– 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
– High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
– Be a team player, be organized, and be able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids).
– Be capable of organizing activities : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
– Be excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers, etc.
– Know enough about USA History and Culture to brainstorm theme activities and skits.
– Be receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in the classroom!