Work in France! We’re now hiring ESL Camp Counselors from September 15 – October 28, 2017
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are native English speakers & love working with children.
Counselors live on camp, they create and lead activities, as well as English classes. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care. We’ve been running English immersion camps in France for over 20 years!
American Village camps are for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old.
We organize camps from February to October annually, at multiple camp locations across France!
All of our camp dates are on our recruitment website. Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 recruitment will open late November 2017.
Apply to this unique work experience in rural France, working on a multi-cultural team and meeting people from all over France as well as Anglophone countries across the globe – all while having fun with the campers under your care.
– A salary for all days worked : 1170 Euros / month .
– Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
– Meals included.
– Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
– No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit (North Americans).
– Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
– All counselors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to their village.
– Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
– Nacel will pay any work-related transportation costs if the counselor has to change work locations.
France is the number one tourist destination in the world. While our counselors live and work on-location at camp, they generally use their time before or after their employment to discover France – its traditions, cuisine, landscapes, language and people. Our teams can be quite multi-cultural and friendships are easily made in a camp setting. Working with children is a rewarding experience and also, a lot of fun!
Youtube link : https://youtu.be/v7nxSc1mB08
We only seek Language Counselors who are native English speakers.
– Required experience : camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
– Clear criminal history
– 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
– High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
– Be a team player, be organized, and be able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids).
– Be capable of organizing activities : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
– Be excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers, etc.
– Know enough about USA History and Culture to brainstorm theme activities and skits.
– Be receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in the classroom!